WAYS TO DONATE
You can now donate online using your Master / Visa Credit Cards / Debit Cards or
through Net Banking.
You can also send your donations in
the name of "KARUNYA
EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH TRUST"
through Cheque / DD / Cash
to the following address:
KARUNYA EDUCATIONAL AND RESEARCH TRUST,
16, DGS Dhinakaran Road,
Chennai - 600028.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Karunya University was founded with the noble vision to raise professionals and leaders of high academic calibre and unblemished character,
nurtured with a strong motivation and commitment to serve humanity. The Karunya Institute of Technology was started as a private self-financing
engineering college on 4 October 1986. In 2004, the institute was awarded the Deemed to be University status in recognition of its academic
excellence by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India and subsequently renamed as Karunya University under section 3
of the UGC Act, 1956 vide Notification No. 9-3-2000-U3 dated. 23.6.2004 of the Government of India.
Karunya University is into its 30th year of service in Higher education with specific focus on Engineering and Technology.
In the short span of its existence it has moved swiftly ahead to carve a niche for itself as an institution promoting all round excellence.
In a nutshell, Karunya is a co-educational, fully residential, Technological University imparting holistic education to develop the body,
mind and spirit of the students.
The origin of the Institution is amazing. In the year 1981, Late Dr. D.G.S. Dhinakaran, God's servant received the divine commission to start
a Technical University which could turn out outstanding engineers with leadership qualities at the national and global level.
Building up such a great Institution was no easy task. The Dhinakarans had to face innumerable trials and tribulations including the tragic death
of their dear daughter during the course of this great endeavor. But nothing could stop them from reaching the goal.
1. True to its name Karunya which means 'Compassion', Karunya University shall be a University with a social concern which will address the problems of humanity through teaching, research and extension in socially relevant areas.
2. The students and faculty of Karunya University will be imbibed with spiritual discernment and a zeal to serve humanity and to eventually become leaders of society.
To accomplish the vision, Karunya University - a Christian Minority Institution will be committed to transform lives through the following objectives:
1. To raise undergraduate and post graduate students and research scholars to serve humanity by attaining high levels of academic excellence,
professional competence, exemplary values and spiritual empowerment.
2. To find solutions to human problems in areas relating to Water, Food, Health Care and Energy through scientific, social and technological
research as well as policy formulation.
3. To set up care homes for physically and mentally challenged as well as the elderly and the terminally ill to enable the students to understand
the human needs and pain, by participating in the services rendered to them on campus and thus to dedicate themselves to work towards solving those
problems through research, development, policy making at high levels or through providing spiritual care.